Corona Safe Village Challenge
Designing solutions for recruiting and housing temporary agricultural workers during the crisis
The Challenge Statement
Develop a detailed plan to allow a safe and clean living environment that will sustain temporary agricultural workers. Any suggested plan should answer basic needs, including food, sanitation (showers and latrines), sleep etc.
What should I submit?
A presentation of the suggested solution including:
- Spatial model (preferably architectural model or an engineering plan) of the suggested solution.
- Identification and positioning of specific disinfection, sterilization and health monitoring systems.
- Holistic plan and business plan by which the suggested solution will work.
- Suggested technological tools and systems
Who can participate?
- Architects, engineers and project managers
- Medical teams, psychologists and social workers
- Economics professionals
- Life sciences professionals
- Startups, specifically from the fields of construction and infrastructure
- Environmental professional and industrial designers
What are the criteria for a successful solution?
- Technological and systematical applicability.
- Holistic plan considering as much aspects as possible. It is preferred that the solution will implement standardized products to avoid long regulatory processes.
- Impact-resources ratio: maximize impact on benefiting sector for the minimum investment of time and budget.
- Fast implementation speed.
- Solutions for the financing of the implementation and relevancy of the solution for the days “after the Corona”.
- Multidisciplinary team composition
Solution presentation should include:
- Safe and clean environment that allows continuous work while keeping social distances to prevent cross-infection.
- Health monitoring for workers to identify signs of infection in an effective time to respond to prevent additional cross-infections.
- Holistic solution balancing health, safety and privacy while considering humanitarian aspects such as psycho-social conditions, gender issues etc.
- Emphasis on ecological footprint in the immediate and long terms.
- Community impact where workers contribute to the hosting community, that in turn assist the workers while eliminating cross-infection.
- Scalability and mobility of the solution to allow deployment in varied conditions for different needs.
- Taking care of workers’ wellbeing to promote their effectiveness, copping with the isolation and strengthen their immune system.